#BridalShowerTakeover | Styled Shoot with Melissa Green
Over a year ago my friendship with Melissa Green jumped to a new level. Though our husbands are close friends, our relationship had only been a side-effect of their relationship. I was incredibly intimated by her, she is incredibly talented and freaking cool as shit. We were on good enough terms, meaning, we had at least seen each other drunk. Which I feel like is a good step in intimacy with people.
In the fall of 2014 I decided to become my own company. Starting a business wasn't really my plan A, it is stressful and risky and much like anything in life has a lot to do with networking. I had been stuck in a bubble at my full-time job. So I took Melissa out for brunch...the way to any sane woman's heart, right? And I asked for her help. Would she recommend her clients to use my video services? And wouldn't you know it, she did. Fast forward a few months, she hired me to do HER WEDDING VIDEO . Fast forward several more months, and I can honestly say, I would not be the business woman I am today without her and, much more significantly, I count her as one of my dearest friends. She is fierce and talented and creative and the sweetest thing. She cares so much about her work and her clients, meeting each shoot's individual needs. We've been able to do a bunch of weddings together this year and I must say we make an awesome dream-team for photo/video!
Well, having walked through her own engagement with her, I knew how much Melissa valued that time. It's a time of celebration, sweet-ass girl time, and a ton of hoping and dreaming with your significant other. She wanted to capture a small glimpse of that...she had the idea to do a styled shoot of a bridal shower BUT she wanted it to be a REAL bridal shower. She hosted a giveaway and found a lucky gal and her friends and started to make it happen. She also rallied together an amazing cast of #girlbosses . We all brought our talents together and created something pretty phenomenally beautiful. And I wasn't even there to get to shoot it! Thanks to one of my second shooters Kristen Leach who volunteered her time to make this a reality. After spending some hours immersing myself into the footage, I'm so jealous I couldn't be there that day. Melissa, you pulled it off! I'm so proud of you and so grateful to call you my friend! Here's to a hundred more times we can team up!
- Photography and Visionary : Melissa Green Photography | @melissagreenmachine
- Venue : Southwind Hills | @southwindhills
- Videography Producer/Editor : April Kirby | @ethnoscreative
- Videography Shooter : Kristen Leach of Ethnos Creative | @kristengleach
- Hair : Ashley Kirby of Blo | @blooutokc
- Make Up : Chelsey Ann | @chelseyann
- Florist : Haleigh Kenney | @xohaleighkenney
- Flowercrowns : Danielle Carder | @foragefloral
- Farm Tables : Kahoy Studios | @kahoystudios
- Desserts & Food : Katie Puckett | @okbakingco
- Calligraphy | Kiah Bailey | @kiahbailey
- Bride Attire : Windsor | @windsorstore
- Cocktails : Chris Castro | @omarchris
- Bride winner : Emily Irvin | @mleirvin
Check out Melissa's photos and her feature on Green Wedding Shoes !